This attention-grabbing dish will have your guests talking not only because it’s colorful but it’s healthy for you as well. Here are a few tips for the Seafood Paella.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
8 roasted red pepper
¾ cup of green peas
1 medium onion
2 plum tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
8 jumbo shrimp
¼ teaspoon of saffron powder
1 teaspoon of Spanish paprika
1 ½ cup of bomba rice (can be substitute with or short grain rice)
4-5 cups of chicken stock
3 tablespoon of olive oil
¼ cup of chopped parsley
1 small lemon, cut in wedges
SOME HELPFUL TIPS
- Heat a paella pan (or a large skillet) to medium heat
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the pan.
- Add mussel, clams, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and sautéed until all the shells open.
- Save the shell fishes in a bowl.Discard any unopened shells. Pour any liquid into the stock.
- Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Add diced onion, then diced tomatoes and minced garlic.
- Sautéed the pan for 6-8 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high.
- Add green peas and sautéed for another 5 minutes
- Add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil, then the rice.
- Stir the rice for 2-3 minutes, then add boiling chicken stock to the pan
- Let the rice simmer for 25-30 minutes. Add the seafood (including raw shrimp) and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley, stir and line up the asparagus and roasted red pepper.
- Garnish with lemon wedges before serving.